Blueze Wellness – Therapist Bloomington IL – Call Us at 309-585-2116 – Location: 2412 East Washington Street, Suite 4B, Bloomington IL
It’s normal to feel “down” on occasion. However, if you frequently experience feelings of despair and hopelessness you might suffer from depression. Depression is more than simply feeling sadness in reaction to setbacks and challenges in daily life. Without a doubt, depression alters how one thinks and functions during day-to-day activities. It can affect your abilities at the workplace as well as impede healthy sleep and eating patterns. Additionally, depression takes away your capacity to enjoy life. Getting through each day can become overwhelming.
There can be some differences in the way people experience depression. For example, some may feel continual doom, while others experience lifelessness and ongoing apathy. Still others can go through periods of anger and restlessness. Regardless of how you experience it, depression can develop into a significant health problem if you don’t seek treatment. It is helpful to remember that emotions such as hopelessness are a symptom of depression and not your true reality.
Therapist Bloomington IL
Also, note that despite how much despair you’re feeling, you can improve and get better. It’s beneficial to understand what causes depression and recognize its various types and symptoms. By meeting with a Therapist Bloomington IL you’ll take useful steps toward overcoming depression.
Depression – Common Signs and Symptoms
Depression can vary from one person to another, but there are a number of symptoms that are relatively common. It’s important to be aware that some of these symptoms are simply part of daily life.
However, when the symptoms are lasting and severe, it’s more likely you are suffering from depression.
- -A feeling of hopelessness. A bleak viewpoint in which things will not improve no matter what you do.
- -No interest in activities you used to enjoy. You don’t have any desire to take part in hobbies or social activities. Another symptom is loss of interest in sex and the capacity to feel pleasure.
- -Sudden weight loss or gain, changes in appetite. An abrupt change of more than five percent of body weight can be a sign of depression.
- -Difficulty sleeping, changes in sleeping patterns. Without a doubt, depression can cause insomnia and disrupt a healthy sleep schedule.
- -Anger or frequent irritability. Feelings of agitation and restlessness. Depression can make one impation and quick to anger. It can shorten your temper, making you feel as though people around you are getting on your nerves.
- -Low energy. Another common symptom of depression is continual fatigue and sluggishness. Your entire body can feel heavy and low on energy. Even minor tasks can feel exhausting or take a lot longer to finish than they should.
- -Low self-esteem, self-loathing. Feelings of guilt or worthlessness. You’re very critical of yourself for what you perceive as faults and errors.
- -Reckless, dangerous behavior. You take part in behaviors that are unhealthy, even putting yourself in hazardous situations. For example, substance abuses, gambling or reckless driving.
- -Problems concentrating. Depression makes it difficult to focus, make sound decisions or to simply remember things.
- -Unexplained physical pain, headaches. An abrupt increase in unpleasant physical aches and pains can be a part of depression and anxiety.